Monday, June 2, 2008

The Lazy Day's of Summer

Well, the kids officially got out of school last Wednesday but this is our official 1st full week of summer. The kids were so excited to get out of school. My friend Valerie set off the end of school in a grand patriotic olympic party. She had one of those huge blow up slides with water coming down from it and the kids ate hotdogs and chips and participated in 3 olympic events. We had an opening ceremony of handing off the flags and then a closing ceremony where each child got a gold medal. It was so much fun and the kids loved spraying each other with their squirt guns and playing on the water slide. This morning I got up and took the kids on a bike ride. I had such happy, positive, summer fun intentions but Brinly cried through most of it. Ugh! Anyway, she's going to have to adapt because these bike rides aren't going away. At the end of our bike ride it started raining and so I put the kids in the car and went to the gym. I did this cool pilates class where you use machines. Wow! I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I keep promising myself everyday that I'm going to eat good and be healthy. So, I got home from the gym and ate 4 (count them) 4 of BJ's famous chocolate chip cookies!!!! I have zero self control. Anyways, there's always tomorrow!!! Ha!Ha! So, we have already been to our neighborhood pool and eaten 2 full packages of popcycles--summer is in full swing. All we need is lightening bugs and all will be well. Happy Summer everyone! I am going to follow suit and copy my sister -in- laws blog with 3 things I'm grateful for today.
1) 4 healthy kids that could cry through a morning bike ride
2) A gym where I can go and spend some time on this body of mine
3) BJ's chocolate chippers!!!!! They never get old!!!

2 comments:

LL said...

YOU DID IT! I feel so proud. Now keep 'em coming...i'm so excited for Kansas cousin updates!
HOORAY!!!

Erin said...

The olympics party sounds so fun. I may have to copy the idea. Happy Summer!