Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Luge in Rotorua-Happy 6th Birthday Amelia!!!!

Today is Amelia Rose's birthday. So we decided to celebrate it the New Zealand way with an adventure experience. We rode the tram up the mountain, put on stinky, smelly helmets, got instructions on how to ride a luge car and then took off down the mountain.
Amelia was just old enough to ride a luge car by herself. She was pretty excited (6 yrs. old is great).

The ride down was gorgeous, all through the trees.



She was pretty nervous but she did great by herself.







Even Grandma Honey took a ride down. She thought it was so fun she bought us all another pass so that we could do it again.



The kids got passes from some people leaving so while they went down again with BJ my mom and I got a snack to share. My brother in law (Wally) told me that one of the things I had to do while in NZ was get an L & P to drink. It's sort of a fizzy lemon drink. It was really good and the kids loved it.



I love my mom (adore is more like it) and I was so grateful and happy to spend a week with her and my dad in NZ. BTW--I know she looks like my sister instead of my mom. Believe it or not, she's in her 60's.












What a fun beginning to a fantastic birthday. We love you Amelia!

1 comment:

Semiprecious1 said...

Wow!!! Looks like so much fun!!!! Wonder if they have luge cars anywhere state side.....Hope you are well!! I miss ya and love ya! And your mom looks REALLY good for her age!!! Seriously, what's her secret?