Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yea!!! Time With Mom!!!!!!

A few hours after Amy left my mom came to visit for a few days. She was visiting one of her good friends in St. Louis and so on her way home came to visit us. She spent quality time with each of her grand kids which they of course loved. She ate lunch with Brinly in the cafeteria at school and then went to Cardon's school music program.



She had an evening tea party with all of the kids with a new darling new tea set she bought for them. The kids loved talking in funny English accents while drinking their hot chocolate with their pinkies up. This was such a little thing that went a long, long way!


We went up to Atchison with Amelia and Jace and visited a popular store called Nell Hills and then had lunch at a cute little restaurant called Marigolds or Magnolias (or something like that) where we ate soup, sandwiches and apple pastry's. I wish we would have had more time there but we had to get home for our Halloween Party.


Every year my mom dresses up as a witch for Halloween. It's a tradition that I treasure. My mind is full of wonderful memories of Halloween all because of my mom. That's why I dress up as a witch each year. So, my mom had to have a Halloween party with the kids with costumes and all. As soon as Cardon and Brinly came into the door from school they ran to get their costumes on so the party could begin. They were so excited!


The theme to this party was all around witches and spiders. So we had spider cider and decorated spiders with all sorts of fun stickers.We played pin the spider on the witch.Then my mom read a Halloween book to the kids which she then gave to us with a little Halloween message inside. Each of the kids got a goody bag at the end with stickers and spiders and treats. What a fun party!!!After the party I had all the kids sit on the couch to take a picture with my mom. She put on her "witch" nose and Jace looked up at her and panicked. It was awfully funny! What a great day-Thanks Mom!!!
The next day (the day before Halloween) my mom and I (and Jace) went to see Amelia in her costume parade at school. She had a fun party afterwards. Amelia was excited to have Grandma come to her pre-school. A few hours later my mom was off on a plane to go back home. It was a short visit but we packed in every last minute. Thanks for coming mom--we had a great time!!










































.

2 comments:

Olivia W. said...

good times! your mom is sooo cute! by the way, they have a nell hill's at that briarcliff village in kc i've been wanting to go to, along with that fun crafts store.

LL said...

You guys have been busy, your kids must have been in heaven.
A visit from the Grandparents is the BEST!!!