Saturday, November 8, 2008

We Voted!!!!!

What an important election this year! So many strong feelings-such a division in those feelings. Our country has been suffering for quite a while and we need change. But change isn't ever easy and it's always painful. My friend Olivia wrote this on her blog and it was soooo eloquent that I asked her if I could quote her because I could never say these feelings with such perfection.

"Dear President Obama,
as one of the millions who did not vote for you, i write tonight to give you my support. i will simply ask you to do your best for the american people and for our country you've been given stewardship over. i will not hope that you fail. i will not celebrate every mistake or stumble along the way. i will try not to blame you for any setbacks that we encounter that are not your fault. i will lend you my support as an american, and hope and pray that you protect and preserve the american way of life, which is to celebrate and foster imagination, innovation, individuality and most of all, hard work. i am proud to be an american, and proud of the example we set as a nation. while we are not perfect, we are founded on a philosophy that is — one that should be respected and protected both at home and abroad. President Obama, i hope that you love this country as much as its leader should. i pray that you will reflect this perfect philosophy brightly to the rest of the world, and realize our great responsibilities as a leader among nations. "
Olivia W.


3 comments:

Olivia W. said...

Wow! i didn't think it would have that much of an impact. i started writing it when i knew he was going to lose and i was feeling a little emotional. when mccain gave his awesome concession speech, i went back and toned it down...it started out a tiny bit more bitter. ;-) i really mean it, and i pray for his success (do you think the same would be true for obama supporters if mccain had won?) let's hope it works....

Nikki said...

Karina- Would you email me all the details of your 4 Christmas Present idea? I remember some of what you told me but I would love it if you would email me :) Thanks,
morriscn@comcast.net

LL said...

pretty sure Jace didn't vote :0
if he did, I hope he made the right choice...
good for you, not only for voting, but jogging there.