Friday, March 6, 2009

The Wizard of Oz Exhibit in Kansas--Fitting!

A few Saturdays ago our family went to down town Kansas to visit the Wizard of Oz Exhibit. The kids loved following the yellow brick road, seeing the witch melt, and sliding on the slides. It was really cute.I believe that these are the actual shoes worn in the movie--I could be wrong but I could be right and how cool would that be!

"We represent the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild......We wish to welcome you to Munchkin Land"!

"Somewhere over the rainbow..... "






After the exhibit we went to the fudge shop and watched it being made. This guy could seriously throw the fudge.

A perfect ending to watching the fudge being made was sampling it afterward. It was mighty tasty!

The afternoon wouldn't be complete without a lunch at Fritzes. You order your food from a telephone at your booth and then a train delivers it to you. The kids love it but I think it is just about the worst food you could possibly eat (I would put school lunch way above this place) but it is an experience to be had---once.



It was a happy Saturday had by all!


8 comments:

Jenni said...

Cute photos! Love those free exhibits downtown. Ever noticed how much free stuff there is to do here? I can't wait for farmstead season :) I totally agree with you on Fritz'---greasy and gross. But you have to go there when you stop at Crowne Center with the kids!

Karalea-Karalea said...

You guys will always remind me of The Wizard of Oz....

Nikki said...

That sounds so fun! What a great time to be had in Kansas! I'm missing it more and more when I read all your posts! Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry that you have to have a bone graft...now that sounds FRIGHTENING!!!

Karalea-Karalea said...

Yeah, I'd go in with you on something knit for her...what did you have in mind? I can do a beautiful little bolero jacket if you want to do a hat or some booties or something? I also do some cute knit pacifier clips...I could send her one of those too...I have an adorable elephant one that I just made. Let me know and we can coordinate and ship them off as a surprise...

Karalea-Karalea said...

i have a wonderful yarn shop here called Wildfiber,up in Santa Monica. I usually buy Blue Sky dyed organic cotton...maybe your shop has that brand? If not, Michael's always has the trusty Bernat cotton in two shades of blue. I love the lighter shade of Bernat with a chocolate brown or with grey or with black. Ideas?

carolvo2 said...

Checking Carols comments to see if they will work.

Corie said...

Love the snow shot of the kids in front of the tree! Too cute!

Lori said...

What a fun place to visit. I once played Glenda in the Wizard of Oz in 6th grade. I found some old pictures from Tyler's 4th birthday and was showing him Brinley. He doesn't remember her. :( So sad. Time keeps flying by. You coming to visit anytime soon???