Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's My Birthday!!!!

My Birthday this year happened to fall on Sunday--not just any Sunday--Conference Sunday. For those who may not know what that means--twice a year (in the fall and in the Spring) the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (whew that's long-no wonder we became "the Mormons") have the privilege of hearing from our Latter Day Prophet as well as Apostles. The direction given is for us-right now. I love to hear their thoughts and testimony's. We get to hear 4 hours of direction the day before (Saturday) and then 4 more hours on Sunday. I love it!!! So, I got up and took a shower, got into my comfy clothes and sat down with my knitting and watched Conference with my family. In between BJ made this gigantic 3 layer cake ( he heard me teasing Jace a few days earlier if he had been busy getting my party ready--putting up banners, blowing up balloons, making party hats, and making me a triple layer cake). So, BJ thought if would be fun to make that cake. He did a great job!
The family sang "Happy Birthday" to me and then.......
I blew out my candles. I was proud--there were a lot of them.





BTW, it was delicious! I had some the next day and the next......



Time for presents. My Mother in Law, Carol sent me a super cute top, earrings and necklace. She is so sweet. Thank you Carol!



The family (when I say that I mean BJ) got me a new I-pod. My old one kept freezing all of the time. Thank you family!




What a great Birthday! Thank you everyone for the calls, e-mails, notes and cake. I felt very loved on my Special Day!





4 comments:

valerie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Looks like you had a special day with your family - those are the best!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was such a nice day!

Karalea-Karalea said...

happy birthday. sounds like your day was just perfect.

carolvo2 said...

I checked out your birthday pic. today. Looks like everyone did a great job--especially the cake! Im glad you liked the top and the jewelry.