Friday, August 21, 2009

makin' Grape Juice

Today I got a surprise call. My friend Sara found some grape vines where the grapes were ripe and falling off of the vines. She called the owner and got permission to pick them. On a whim she called me to see if I wanted to pick grapes with her. I didn't have any plans so I put my clippers, gloves, buckets and kids in the car and met her at the grape vines.
We picked for about and hour and a half and had at least 2 big buckets full of grapes.
The kids helped pick grapes for a while and then when they got bored they ran around in the yard and ate apples from their apple tree. We've got to go pick those next.
When we were done picking the grapes we figured it was as good a time as any to make the grape juice. So we met back at my house and started steaming the grapes.
4 hours later we had 19 bottles of beautiful grape juice to share. Thank you Sara for thinking of me. Lets do it again next week when the rest of the grapes are ripe!!!!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LL said...

good for you guys!!!
that's a LOT of work. but FUN