Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Sunday Cookie--Off

A few weeks ago we had a "Cookie--Off" and invited 8 or so families to participate. Here were the rules.
1st: Only the males in the household could participate
2nd: The cookie needed to be some form of chocolate chip
3rd: The women couldn't help--although they could taste to their hearts content
The competition was stiff--we have some bakers in this neck of the woods. Cardon came home from church wanting to make his own cookie. I was a bit nervous but told him I was fine with it although I couldn't give him any help. He felt confident--he comes from strong genetics in the male cookie making department -and I'm not so bad myself! He made a cookie with peanut butter, rice crispies, oatmeal, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. When everyone came he was so nervous. We did a blind taste test. I tallied up the votes. Cardon's cookie was labeled #4. I kept seeing that number over and over again as I tallied.
Cardon couldn't believe it---He came in 1st place!!!!! Looks like I'm going to need to spend a bit more time in the gym if I'm going to survive in this family!!!! Way to go Cardon--they were delicious!!!!!

7 comments:

sue said...

The cookies sound delicious. Maybe Cardon and give me the recipe.

LL said...

GO CARDON!!! Your dads cookies are the best, so I'm sure you have inherited great skills!

Serendipity said...

Awesome Cardon!! Your family is soo fun! You know, I still crave BJ's chocolate chip cookies on Sundays....lol....I sure miss you guys!

Colby and Steph said...

Wow that is awesome.

carolvo2 said...

cardon, I am so proud of you! you are taking after dad. will you send me your receipe?

Caprice said...

That was so much fun! Chris might need a rematch against Cardon;)

Jacque said...

congrats cardon...he must be taking after his dad's "cookie baking" genes