Monday, July 25, 2011

Ahhh! The Heat!!!! Must Go To Pool!!!

This summer has been the hottest, most humid summer of my life---and I lived in Arizona for 3 years!!! We had record heat and humidity this year--the hottest in 25 years. The worst part about it has been that there hasn't been any breaks. So, we have literally spent the entire summer at the pool. Everyday we get up, get our work done, have lunch and then head to the pool. I take a giant thing of ice water and all sorts of snacks and then we spend 4-5 hours playing in the water. Jace took swimming lessons this year and after 2 weeks he was swimmin'! He was so proud of himself--and he should be! Swimming is quite a feat!


Cardon loved to show me that he could throw Jace high in the air and then Jace could swim back to him. They would laugh and then do it all over again. It was a great brotherly bonding time together.




Amelia loved to show me her perfect float. She learned how to do different swimming strokes this summer but the float is her favorite. She looks quite dead, but she isn't.


Jace spent a lot more time swimming this year with the girls and Cardon because they loved seeing that he could do it and he loved showing them.


It's always fun to bring friends to the pool. Katie and Brinly are good friends.


I decided it was a good day to teach the kids some new pool tricks. When I was a kid we spent a lot of time at the pool each summer and I was especially daring. I could do all sorts of flips off of the diving boards. So, I figured I ought to teach the kids a few things. Each of them learned how to do a back dive off of the side of the pool. It was so fun to see one of them get it and then cheer on the rest with all sorts of advice.





Once they all had it down I had them do it all together! Thank goodness for digital cameras. It took quite a few takes to get this just right!


Then Cardon decided once he'd perfected the back dive to take it one step further--The Back Flip!!!!! He got it down and was quite impressive on his height!




My great friend Olivia usually accompanied me to our pool with her 3 kids---Aiden, Mia, and Jack. We spent many delightful afternoons here sipping our Sonic cherry limeades.




Here is the usual group. They are all growing up so fast. I hope that they will always remember the summer where life slowed way down as they swam there little hearts out!!!!



School is around the corner my friends!!!!!


No comments: