Monday, October 20, 2008

Leukemia Foundation--Marathon Relay!

On Saturday morning BJ and I participated in a Marathon Relay. We have some good friends that have a 3 year old son with Leukemia. We wanted to do something to support the Leukemia Foundation and so we created 2 teams (4 couples) to run this marathon (broken up in 4 parts). BJ and I ran the last leg of the race together (our shirts say "Ians Crabby Girls/Guys"). BJ was a great encourager as I was determined to push myself as hard as I could. The first 2 miles were up hill, the next 2 1/2 flat and the last mile was down hill. I'm usually a 10 or 11 min/mile kind of gal but we did 9 min. miles that morning. It was a great race. We love you Ian!!!!!


2 comments:

LL said...

WAY TO GO! and such a fun thing to do together.
Hopefully a mile or two were in honor of Jimmy!
only a few more weeks until the big va-K

Jenni said...

Congrats Crabby Teams!! It's so great that you got to run with your spouses-- and for a good cause too! Go Ian!