Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wow! I'm back and have so much to share!

So my computer was very sick--viruses you know. After some serious TLC from our good friend MC I am back in business! Thank you to the computer genious! I was lost without my computer. However, I will tell you that my house is excepionally clean and more organized since I couldn't spend any time on the net. Balance my friends--balance!


Anyhoo, we need to catch up! How do you like my hair? I was quite pleased. He just brightened up the red, put some golden highlights in and made it a bit of an a-line. I'm happy! I finally found someone I would go back to.

Last week I was the canning queen. I got apples from an orchard and canned applesauce with my friend Cindy and then the next day canned peaches with my friend Laurie. I've got beautiful jars of fruit lining my pantry. It's a great reminder of all the hard work each time I open the cupboard--oh, and mighty tasty too!That same week Cardon got to participate in "Science Spectacular" at school. He got to pick 2 events. He chose the "Egg Drop" and the "Shoot and Score". He had to come up with a way to protect the egg without packaging material and then they dropped the containers from the roof of the school. Here he is watching it drop.
Then he had to unwrap the egg to see if it was still intact.
Yea!!! He did it! He was so proud! Way to go Cardo!That weekend we had a campout in our backyard. Our friends (Furstanau's, Crabtree's, Torrez's, and Salin's) all came over to roast marshmellows for smores, eat hotdogs and then watch a movie on the back wall of our house while eating candy and popcorn. We had a great time and then those that wanted to stay slept in tents in the backyard. Very Fun!This week I got to do some service hours with my friends Patty and Laurie. We have a fabulous free petting zoo here and we got to go help at the pumpkin patch. It had been cold and rainy the day before so we were nervous how this day would fare but it was beautiful and very warm. We had a great time. Service can be fun! Yesterday we went to the Louisburg Cider Mill for our Friday Playgroup with our church. We got to go through a corn maze which was "crazy" because all our kids went running inside and then got lost and we couldn't find them. There were a few tears but I think they won't need counseling in the future. They just might never go in a corn maze again!

We got to go on a hay ride. Hello Friends!
The kids had a great time. We ate lunch here and then had their famous apple cider and apple cider doughnuts. I had been warned about how good these were and I wasn't disappointed. I could have eaten half a dozen. It was a beautiful day!








9 comments:

Olivia W. said...

yay! liked your updates, sounds like you've been busy! the movie on the back of the house is a fantastic idea...great way to say goodbye to summer! i'm going to post the pics of the crying babies soon if i can get this slideshow to work.

Colby and Steph said...

Wow!! You guys have been having a lot of fun. I love your new hairdo it is so cute. I am glad that you found someone finally that you can trust.

LL said...

ever time i go into a corn maze, I cry and swear I'll never go back, I hate those things. Glad everyone survived.
As for your hair, SO CUTE! good choice.
And McKay is sitting here looking at your post. He saw a pic of Jace and said, "who's THAT?" He had no idea...nice!

sara said...

how fun....you have been busy...and i LOVE your hair, it is so cute...i do remember you have always had great hair though!

Karalea-Karalea said...

Yeah! You're back. I must say that I love reading what you are up to. So I was sad to see "Roll Up Pancakes" for the last week. Looks like fall where you are! So much fun.

Semiprecious1 said...

Man, I was totally hoping you would go back to that sexy big bang hair you posted on your anniversary. Oh well, maybe next year. Glad your back on the net! I missed ya!

The Bollwitts said...

Love the hair! Next time you can, if you have any extra room in the kitchen, I'd love to help out. Last time I did that was with my mom when I was 11. They do look delicious.

Nikki said...

Okay....missed you so much this past week and a half! It was so fun to read all you've been up to. But...I have to admit as soon as I read the words Louisburg Cider I literally got that homesick pit in my stomach and my eyes started to water! It was totally unexpected! I guess I'll always have fond, fond feelings for our time in Overland Park. I think I get more homesick for there than anywhere! I also have heart strings attached because I served the first part of my mission(7 months)in Olathe, and Overland Park. Ahhh....We went to Louisburg many a times! KS has the best Pumpkin Patches too. I remember being so disappointed our first Fall in Gilbert! ha ha ha
Your hair looks great! Always does! Your peaches and applesauce look MARVELOUS! We must have been canning right about the same day! I finally finished my peaches and pears and now have applesauce yet to do. Falls in KS are the best! I hope you enjoy! Was that Deanna Rose Farmstead you volunteered at? I love that place! There are lots of great little places like that there too! Lucky girl you! I'm missing you and KS so much! Have a rest of a great week! We had snow last weekend here! UGH!!! Not so ready for that!

Kendra said...

You have been busy! I am so impressed with everything that you are doing - especially the canning. Cardon looked so proud of his ribbon. Way to go! He is getting so big. Your hair looks great. I loved the hay ride and general fall pictures. I do miss fall (as a season) in AZ. I miss the beauty of leaves changing and the crisp air. I don't miss the cold, snowy winter season, so I guess it is a fair trade. Thanks for sharing the photos!