Monday, October 20, 2008

My Glorious Day With Fran and Family (last Thursday)

One of my bestest, bestest friends in Arizona (Fran) was only 4 hours away from me all last week visiting her husband who works in Missouri during the week. So, we planned a day trip to meet up. Each of us drove 2 hours on Thursday and met up in the cutest little town (Rocheport, Missouri). Fran brought me a banana cream pie from the town her husband works in and we all couldn't wait to dig in and have a taste. So we went to the little General Store and ordered us all some hot chocolate and sat down for some pie. It was tasty!Now it was time for our little hike. There are trails that go throughout Kansas, Missouri and Texas called the Katy Trails. In this little town part of the trail was dug out of a mountain so we were off to explore (Lewis and Clark explored this area too).Fran has 3 boys so Cardon was in heaven. This sweet little town didn't have much traffic so "street ball" wasn't off limits.Now we were off to lunch. We were told that there was a good, little barbecue place (Grumpy's) up the road so we decided to try it out. It looked like a little old house with a swing set in the front. The dining room was in the front of the house and a cute little old country couple ran the joint. Fran and I sat inside and enjoyed our pork sandwiches while the kids played and ate outside. The other customers inside were entertained like none other watching our kids and laughing. The owner asked us why we had so many kids! I told her that I came from a family of 6 kids so actually I hadn't done my part yet. Ha! Ha!Time to go to the pumpkin patch. The kids loved going through the covered hay maze (we couldn't get them to come out of it!) Then we fed the animals and went on a hay wagon ride.




The kids loved holding the baby bunnies and I got to hold a rooster (that's right, first time!)
Left to right: Taylor, Jessie, Trace, Jordan, Brinly, Amelia, Cardon
Time to go home! Amelia loved Fran's oldest--Taylor.Goodbye's are never easy!!! I love this girl. She may not be my sister by blood but she is by heart. I had such a wonderful day with her and her family. I miss her already!













4 comments:

LL said...

i'm glad you stay in touch with your AZ friends. Sounds like a fun day!

Amy said...

I love Fram too. I'm glad you got to spend the day together. How fun

Olivia W. said...

i love bffs! glad to hear that you got to spend some time with her. rocheport and the katy trail is awesome...bob and i did a bike ride through there one year (pre-kids). so quaint. i'm sure you thought about this already, but you need to get her to move out here since her husband is working here! i'm always on my friends from cali to move...they have no idea that life is good in the op!

Karalea-Karalea said...

It looks like you guys had SOOO much fun! I remember Fran's house in AZ was the most amazing house!!! The back yard....to die for! How nice to see someone you love!