Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Disney World for Thanksgiving

I realize that there are a few people that think I must be dead. It's safe to say that I'm not dead just super busy and way behind ----on everything. For Thanksgiving we met my parents, sister Ginny and brother in law-Wally and Fam, and my brother Colby and his wife Stephanie in Florida. We stayed in some condo's (supposedly 5 minutes away from Disney World---turned out to be more like 30--but whatever) and played for an entire week. Here we are in the airport. We got a lot of looks with all of these little monkeys--especially Jace who had to have a backpack and carry his own bag or else he threw a fit.The first day we played at the condo. They had a lake but I only touched my toe in it because the water was freezing. The men folk and kids braved it out--but only for a few minutes.We also took a swamp boat ride looking for alligators. We saw a beautiful sunset but no alligators. It was still fun. I think I'm still picking bugs out of my teeth.Finally----Disney World. The kids were soooo excited!!!! It was decorated beautifully for Christmas. It was pretty darn busy but still tons of fun.My brother Colby and Jace hit it off on this trip. They hadn't seen each other since Jace was a wee baby so it was fun to see Colby as Uncle Colby and Jace loved him. He would go to BJ first, Colby 2nd and me last. Oh well!!!Thanksgiving Day we played in the heated pools at the condo all morning and then came back in the afternoon for the feast.Here is my sweet niece Lucy. Isn't she a cutey pie! This trip was my opportunity to be Aunt Karina which I don't get to do very often since we have no family here. It was so much fun!Me and Steph both happened to be fans of the animal prints this year. Rooooar!My mom taught the kids about Thanksgiving with her flannel board . It brought me back to childhood.It was time for the feast!!!! We had all the fixins without a ton of work. It was delightful!After dinner my parents fell asleep in a turkey stupor. We all felt like we were at home--except that it was 75 degrees outside (just how I like it!).That night Santa's Elves's came and visited our condo while we were out at a movie. They brought each of the kids their Christmas jammies and a letter from Santa of all the good things they've done this year and a few things they might want to work on before Santa comes on Christmas Eve. It was magical to watch the kids read their letters and put on their jammies.The next day we went to Animal Kingdom. It wasn't busy at all and we had such a great time. We saw Nemo, Lion King and Bug's life. We went on a jungle safari, went on rides and took pictures with all sorts of Disney Characters. It was so much fun.We went on a water rapids ride and I was totally nervous about getting drenched. Well, as you can see from the next picture---I stayed nice and dry.Colby and Steph got hit by a wave. I nearly peed my pants because I was laughing so hard. Steph didn't think it was very funny though. Ha! Ha!For dinner my brother and brother in law got turkey legs. Good Eats!By Saturday afternoon we were down to just my family and my sister Ginny's. So we went to Sea World. It wasn't busy at all but we did have some pretty big thunderstorms. We all got pretty wet but laughed our way throughout the day. It was great.
At the end of the day we got to feed and pet the dolphins. This was incredible! What an opportunity.





I'm so blessed and thankful to have such a great family. We were able to make memories that will last a lifetime and the cousins were able to get to know each other again. Thank you everyone that came for making it such a great Thanksgiving week!!!!


8 comments:

Colby and Steph said...

That was fun looking at those pictures again, and remembering how fun that trip was. I love that picture of Colby and I after we got drenched on that ride.
Looks like we missed out on the Sea World day. Oh well we still had a ton of fun. Thanks again!!! it was awesome.

Karalea-Karalea said...

Wow! What a post! And I have to admit, I did check your blog on and off...to no avail. It is a busy season and people don't have time to compute. Thanks for the great comments. I'd love to see a post of your handmade stuff! Cheers!

Nikki said...

WOw! I've been wondering where you were! Sounds like a great time was had by all! Can't wait for you to catch up now and get back to blogging! Missed you!!!

LL said...

LOVED seeing pictures, of course I'm sad we aren't IN any of them ;)
We definately missed out, but I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Dan said...

Karina -

It HAS been ages. I immediately started laughing, reading the lake powell story. That seems like ages ago. I remember driving down in "Lyns-Hun's" truck. I think Tyler ran over a skunk that trip as well on the way down. Leaving on a whim at midnight with no preperation, and yes, massive dehydration and death was lurking. How Funny! How are you and BJ doing? How long has your family been in Kansas, and not Centerville?

Howells Family said...

Karina Keoria Kiwi Lewis... I am so glad I have found you again... I think of you often and have wondered where you ended up. Last I know you were in AZ so wow Kansas is BJ still working for Layton Construction? or what took you there... I loved seeing your family and Thanksgiving... It looks like you had bunches of fun... I just read Dan's post and was laughing about Lyn's Hon and our Lake Powell trip... That was the best, I am so glad we did fun things like that... I miss you and I am glad I get to follow your family again... Your children are beautiful. I live in Syracuse by Antelope Island and we have been here for 2 and a half years. I love being back in Davis County again by my brothers...

Dan said...

Laughing reading Karina Keoria Kiwi Lewis. I had forgotten about Shannon's triple K nickname.

I saw your post Karina on our blog, my Mom did die in 2006 from a massive stroke. So we are still managing, but it's pretty interesting. We just take it a day at a time. What is your email address?

I can't believe I've been in Seattle for almost 11 years. Time sure flies. Our biggest news is that we are in process of adopting through China. We've wanted to expand our family for years, and have prayerfully decided that this is the right course of action for us. We are so excited and still have a huge wait.

Semiprecious1 said...

Yay!!! You're alive! I've been checking your blog frequently, hoping for the Disney World update and picks. I am so glad you guys had such a blast! I can't think of a better way to spend Thansgiving. And you even cooked the big feast!!! It was fun chatting the other day and I can't WAIT to see you in a few weeks!!

Much Love,
Amy