Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve this year we were invited by some friends to come for dinner and the nativity pageant. Dinner was absolutely delicious and the conversation wonderful. After cleaning up dinner our kids got ready for the pageant. Each child was assigned a role and came ready to play their part in the Saviors birth. Cardon and his friend Lauren played Joseph and Mary (secretly I hope to use this picture in their wedding video someday). You must admit it would be perfect!!!
Brinly was a shepherd with her friends Emma, and Katie.Amelia was an angel with her friends Emma-Kate, and Lucy and Jace was a...........Well, he played the important role of the horse! I'm sure there was one there (it's better than the skunk costume I was going to put him in).Everyone did a fantastic job----even little baby Lizzy Jane who played the important role of the Savior.Way to go cast. You did an excellent job!The audience was astounded!After a wonderful evening with friends we came home and each opened one present before bedtime. Cardon gave us a beautiful essay about why he was special and unique--indeed he is. Brinly got a web kin, Cardon got hulk gloves, Amelia got a book about a stinky bear from her wonderful Pre-School teacher and Jace got a remote control toothbrush and some cool cars/mat.Brinly then set out the cookies and milk for Santa and threw some carrots outside for the reindeer and then I read the family some good night books (all about Christmas of course). Then it was off to bed with sugar plums dancing in our heads.It was a beautiful night at our house with presents wrapped all ready to go under the tree. All we had to do was wait for Santa to come. I love when the house is peaceful and I can just sit and look at the lights on the Christmas tree. When I was a little girl I would always wake up around 4 am and go upstairs to lay on the couch and look at the twinkling lights in the quiet of the night. I must admit that I would also get a good idea of what Santa brought us as well.



What a fabulous Christmas Eve!!!!!



1 comment:

LL said...

CUTE! the horse is my FAVORITE, that made me laugh!
Happy birthday to cute JACE!!!