Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Morning

At our house "stockings" are a big part of Christmas Morning. In BJ's family they could get up as early as they wanted on Christmas Morning but they could only look through their stockings(which were long soccer socks, etc. the bigger the better). The stockings were in the basement where all the kids slept and all the presents were upstairs under the Christmas Tree. So their stockings were always filled with all sorts of fun things to eat and play with and then at the designated time they could come upstairs for more. So, the tradition has been passed on--not the getting up as early as you want part but the "grand stocking" part. It truly is a festive affair!In my stocking I always get really crazy Christmas socks, Swedish fish, makeup, cookie cutters, a movie, and of course my personal favorite-----Circus Peanuts! Santa knows me sooo well!Cardon got to play Santa. He did a great job!Brinly got American Girl doll accessories to go with her doll Kiersten (which happened to be mine when I was 10 or so). BJ painted her little doll cabinet and let Santa fill it full of wonderful little doll things. It was fun to see her face on Christmas morning! Pure excitement!Amelia got her "Baby Alive" doll from Santa. She has been potty training it ever since.Cardon got "Night Vision Goggles" from Santa. They totally work and are really cool.Jace got a basketball hoop and ball. He made shot after shot after shot. We were all very impressed.From me and my parents BJ got Rock Band for the Wii. It is so stinkin' fun! We have loved playing it already. BJ totally surprised me this Christmas. I had absolutely no idea. The boxes had been sitting in the garage for weeks going completely unnoticed by me and so I was ecstatic when I removed the blanket and saw a computer hutch. We'd just been using an antique table for the computer and the office was just filled with junk. Now I have a lovely desk where I can work on computer things such as this blog. It's been cleaned---d-junked and now is a nice, clean place to be! Thank you BJ!! Surprises are always fun!!!



Brinly made me this adorable Santa plate at school. What a cute project!





Merry Christmas everyone!

7 comments:

LL said...

FUN, you've been busy updating. I love it. Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas....hope you have a great New Years too.

Olivia W. said...

ok, so little known fact about me...I LOVE CIRCUS PEANUTS TOO!!!! I know very few people on this planet who do! They're just so squishy and orange! looks like it was a great Christmas!

sara said...

looks like you had a wonderful Christmas....i love the stockings..packed with all sorts of goodies and fun!

Jenni said...

Merry Christmas VanOrman Family!! It looks like you had a wonderful day, I can't wait to come over and see your new computer hutch :)

Karalea-Karalea said...

Cole asked for and received the exact same night vision goggles. It's funny, he has a little fear of the dark and now walks around bumping into everything with the goggles on. So funny.

Dan said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a great time.

Jayme said...

It's so funny because we did those exact same stockings for us and the kids last year. Jeremy has the plain red one and I have the stripe one... gotta love Pottery Barn Kids!