Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Old Talents--Revisited

When I was a girl I took several painting classes. I always loved to paint so when I was in Jr. High and High School I took a few more classes. I don't think I've painted anything since then (probably for 12 years). I decided that it couldn't hurt to try to paint a mural on Brinly's wall (after all--I could just paint over it if I didn't like it--right?) Well, months later the mural is done. Brinly loves it. If you could see the frogs mouth you would see greasy chap stick lip marks from all the times her and her friends have kissed it to see if it would turn into a prince.
I painted this sign because I want to paint a castle in her closet next and the "wicked witch" sign is pointing to my room (clever--yes!!!).


Anyway, this project was cathartic for me. It brought me peace and joy each time I got out my paints . A talent that had been hiding in me for 12 long years ready to burst out. So, I'm curious---what talents do each of you have lurking inside that you've put on the back burner due to time, making families, work, etc. Bring them back--I want to see them!!!!






3 comments:

Olivia W. said...

Beautiful! I leave the mural painting in the family to my mom. Great job!

Colby and Steph said...

Wow...I am very impressed.

Lori said...

That is impressive!! You are a woman of MANY talents. Painting is definitely not mine! It turned out amazing!