Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Valentine Love Sacks, Anyone?

Last year I saw these cute "Valentine, chair backpacks" on the Pottery Barn web site and thought I'd whip some up. Well, a year later I finally got them done. They Velcro around the chair and allow each of us to sneak loves notes to each other during the Valentine season.
I stitched each member of the families name on the hearts and then did a blanket stitch around the heart. My sewing machine does a heart stitch so I added that to the envelope part. I did each boy's in red.
And each girls in pink--Of course!!!


Happy Valentine's Month!!!!




7 comments:

Shellie said...

All I can say is WOW to all three of your posts!!!!! Very cool stuff!

Jayme said...

Wow! That is such a cute idea! I bet everyone loves seeing what little notes they're getting from eachother. Great job!

Olivia W. said...

What a sweet tradition!

Jenni said...

Karina, I've said it before....You are so darn creative! I'm one of those people who has ideas, but never starts them. You actually start them (and finish them!) and they are amazing. Great job on all three of your creations!!

Erin said...

So cute, I made some for my kids too. I hadn't thought to put their names on them though. I just may have to copy you!

Karalea-Karalea said...

Oooooo! I love that little craft. Very adorable. We are doing a similar one with little mailboxes. Love the month of LOVE!

Colby and Steph said...

Very cute!!! I love it.