Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to Cardon!!!!

Once upon a time Cardon was a tiny baby. Weighing in at 5 lb. 7 0z., 7 1/2 weeks early----he was my miracle. I couldn't even imagine how strong love could feel until I held this little guy.A few years later, just after Brinly was born, when he seemed soooo big----he still wanted to be the baby. As he grew and grew and grew we could see that he was going to be the best big brother ever. He loves his little sisters and brother.
By age 5 it was time for this little guy (who wasn't so little any more) to go to school. He loves school and is very smart. He especially loves science and social studies.
He's also become quite a good athlete. He really loves football but is playing spring baseball right now and loving it.
Today he turned 9 years old. I can't believe my tiny baby is 9 today. He doesn't want to be my baby anymore. He wants to grow up and make pancakes by himself on Sunday morning. I keep telling him to stop growing up but he doesn't listen to me. I can't stop it from happening. It's a hard but incredible thing to watch. Time is moving so fast.
We took him and 2 of his friends (Scott and Brayden) to Beach Bum Island, a pizza and arcade for dinner to celebrate.
We ate lots of pizza and bread sticks.
The boys had fun playing all of the games.
His friend Brayden not only got 1 stuffed animal but 2 in the grab with the claw game. I've never see anyone succeed in this game. It was a notable event. Way to go!!!
We came home for cake and presents. He had a mountain of cupcakes to blow out and believe it or not he succeeded in one breath. He was so proud of himself.
He loved all of his gifts. He especially loved the new tank to house his new pet frog. We're starting out slow in the pet category.

What a fun day. We love you Cardon! Happy Birthday!
But please........... stop growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday Cardon!! Brayden had a BLAST at your party!

Just look at those three handsome boys, I tell you we have some heart breakers on our hands!!!

My kids won't stop growing either! What is up with that?!