Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

This year I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the kids and their stockings because BJ told them that they could get up early and open and play with only their stockings. Soooo...... by the time we got up the stockings were down, contents taken out, unpacked and played with. The stockings are always a big deal around this place.Then we got to the presents. The kids each get 1 present from Santa, 3 from us (symbolizing the 3 gifts given to Christ), cousin gifts, Grandparents gifts and an exchange to each other. There's plenty to open. It's so fun to see their reactions.Brinly got a makeup kit, 2 webkins, and a blow dryer with hair supplies. She's growing up!
Amelia got a fur real kitty. She loved it so much I can't remember what else she got.Jace got a pirate ship, a scooter, and a soccer net.Cardon got a swing for his room, spy gear, kinetics and the 4th Fable Haven book signed by the author. I always love to open the presents the kids made for me at school.This year BJ and I gave each other.........................Griddles. That's right..................Griddles. If you don't know the story ask me later but I will tell you that mine is going back.I always give each family member a gift of meaning. This year it was an especially meaningful gift to give BJ because I had to force my fingers to make this hat. I do much better making a U but for him I'll do anything! I must admit that blue does look good on him. Later that afternoon our neighbors came over for a candlelit dinner. It was wonderful. We love Kim and Cliff and their girls Nicole and Ashley. After dinner we headed downstairs for some Beetles Rock Band (a family gift from Santa) and enjoyed some play time. It was a wonderful Christmas Day!!!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Loved reading all about your Christmas festivities and traditions. Thank you again for the Wise Men...We now entitled our Christmas Eve Dinner "The Wise Men Dinner" here is where I talked to the kids again about the 3 gifts given and how we are so blessed to have Christ in our lives. It really set the tone for us. I loved every minute of it. We also do a family program where everyone gets to share a talent. The 3 older kids played piano (Christmas songs) which I always love and this year Porter sang "White Christmas" it was PRICELESS! Thank you again for blessing me with your friendship. So happy that you also had a White Christmas. How fun!