Friday, August 6, 2010

A Temple Sealing

What a special experience I got to have this week. A friend of mine named Meggin (who since moved out of our ward boundaries) called me last month to let me know that she was going to go through the Temple for the first time with her husband (his first time as well) and be sealed as a family. She not only asked me to come but also asked me if I would be her Chaperon for that day. I'd never done that before but of course was overjoyed to say yes. BJ stayed home from work to be with the kids and I took off the day before the sealing to drive the 4 1/2 hour drive to St. Louis. My mom's dear friend Barbara let me come and spend the night at her home. She fed me dinner and we spent the evening catching up. It was really great to see her again. Early the next morning I met Meggin and her family at the Temple to be there for her each step of the way. After she took out her own endowments we spent time in the Bride's Room finding the perfect dress for her to wear as she was sealed to her family. The spirit was strong and I was so grateful to share in that moment with them as they made those covenants. I'm so grateful to be a member of this church and be sealed to my own family. I want to be with my family for eternity. That knowledge makes me try even harder to work towards that goal. What a great day spent at the Temple. Thank you Meggin for allowing me to be with you and your family on this incredible day!!!

No comments: