Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Omaha zoo

A few weekends ago we took the kids to the Omaha Zoo with a few friends. We left as soon as school got out on Friday and made the 3 hour drive. When we got to the hotel BJ took the kids to the swimming pool so that they could get out all of their wiggles before bedtime. The kids were thrilled. In the morning we had breakfast and then headed to the zoo for a fun filled day.

This zoo had some amazing exhibits. The kids loved looking at all of the beautiful fish and sharks.
I bet you would have thought that this was a piece of sea weed. That's what I thought. It's actually a type of sea horse. Amazing!!!!





The butterfly exhibit was really cool. Butterfly's were everywhere. They were so beautiful.The snake kept sticking it's tongue out at us--right back at you buddy.





The Orangutan's were so fun to watch. They are so much like us and often remind me of my own little monkey's--my kiddo's (hangin' on my arms, being goofy, making funny faces, begging for food). I always wanted a monkey growing up---Now I've got 4!






We got ice cream once it heated up. Yummm!


Next it was time for the train. The kids kept yelling--Whoooo, Whooo!


Here are the Wallaces' and Jacobs'--a few of the delightful friends we spent the day with.
For the grand finale we saw a 3-D movie about the creatures of the ocean. It was absolutely amazing. Jace fell asleep during the movie and Amelia sat on my lap and kept saying "When are the fish going to stop coming out to get me?" It freaked her out a bit. It really was a cool movie.


We ended the day with a great meal at Cracker Barrel. We had such a fun weekend and can't wait to do it again!


No comments: