Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Girls Trip

In the middle of May I had the opportunity to meet 2 of my sisters and my mom in Phoenix, Arizona for a girls weekend getaway. We stayed at a nice resort and had so much fun together. You don't realize how little you laugh out loud (you know the kind that makes it almost impossible to not pee your pants). My mom and sisters are really funny and I'm so grateful to have such good relationships with them. I honestly enjoy being with them. One of my sisters couldn't make it and we were all sad about that--next time.
We did all the stuff that must be done when on a girls getaway---pedicures to start.
Catching up with wonderful friends--my Arizona family.
Putting on crazy facials.
We had to keep this on for an hour and our faces were so tight that each time we'd start laughing they would crack.
Laying out at the pool without having to keep on eye on children is a joy in and of itself.
We had to try out the fantastic cupcake shop my sister Megan had heard about. We each got one and shared them.
This was dessert before dinner--you can do that when your on a vacation--we got dessert after also.
After eating all of those cupcakes I felt a little bit sick--I got over it.
We shopped and shopped and shopped. We spent a good 45 min. trying on 40 different lipstick shades--something a mom never has time for. I think she got the perfect shade.
Not having to do any cooking for 4 days was a real treat--pure R & R.
Thanks mom for the wonderful vacation. I had such a wonderful time and came home with a better perspective --ready to laugh out loud some more!!!!

5 comments:

Olivia W. said...

Heaven!! So glad you had a great time!

LL said...

SO GLAD YOU POSTED THIS.
I was hoping you would, I wanted to see pictures and hear all about it.
What a fun thing to do with your mom and sisters.
Everyone looks fabulous, nothing like a little R&R~

valerie said...

Awwww...I would love to be a girls getaway at a resort!
All the girls in your family are so beautiful.
Loved the pictures!
Glad you got some good R&R.

Colby and Steph said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I wish that I could have been there. I also love that you are taking dance lessons....that is awesome.

Karalea-Karalea said...

How fun! Arizona is really good for holidays, isn't it!