Friday, June 12, 2009

Tap Dance Recital

This past year a good friend of mine asked me if I would join her in a tap dance class once a week. I'm always up to learn new things and extend myself in trying something new--so I told her I would. All year long we tap, tap, tapped and then the last week in May we performed in a recital. I was so nervous and I did make a few mistakes but I hope my kids learned that even parents can do things that they thought they couldn't . It was a lot of fun. We were supposed to look like we were in the 60's and we tapped to a song from Hairspray. The girls got to perform with me and they were all about the costumes and makeup. I wonder what I will try next year!!!!! We shall see!






4 comments:

LL said...

i love that you do this, looks SO FUN!!!
My friends and I took a dance class together a couple years ago and laughed so hard during each lesson. Although, we never had a recital, teacher probably knew we'd just humiliate ourselves :)

Olivia W. said...

awesome!!!

Serendipity said...

How fun! You are such an awesome Mom! I bet it was so great to get up there and dance and then dance with your daughter!

Caprice said...

Way to go, Karina!! It looks great. Wish I'd been there to see it!