Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Dirty Duo

Last year I told my sister about how fun this race sounded ---6 miles total, done as a pair, alternating with biking a mile and then running a mile with obstacles in between each mile, ending with a 40 foot mud pit that must be crawled through with your partner to the finish line. She said--"We should totally come out and do that with you guys!" Well, people say things like that all the time but no one usually expects it to actually happen. NOT MY SISTER AND HER HUSBAND! They flew out here with their 3 kids to spend a weeks vacation with me and my family in KANSAS! They could have gone anywhere and they chose to spend it with us. We had soooo much fun and one thing my sister and her husband bring to the table is laughter. Lots and lots of laughter. So, we played all week (I'll post pictures of that next) and then on the last Sat. of the month of June we got up early, put our bikes on the back of the car, grabbed a change of clothes and our water bottles and headed out for some "muddy" fun. Ginny and I started out on the run while the boys rode their bikes. Our obstacles consisted of gunny sack races, jumping over hurdles, climbing through a bounce house obstacle course, walking on stilts, sliding down a blow up slip and slide and finishing with the mud pit. I laughed so hard while running with Ginny I almost couldn't breathe. We had so much fun doing this and then when we were done our boys got to do the kid version of the race. It's never to late to play in the mud like a kid!!!!!


That's me with the big smile on my mud covered face! BJ did a swan dive into the mud pit--everyone cheered--So much fun!!!!






That's the look of pure joy, mud covered joy, but still joy!



Cardon finished the race on his bike. He did great!


Wally ran with Max as a true supporter. He did awesome!








We will definitely do this again next year! Thanks Ginny and Wally for making it especially fun---you know we love you!!!!



5 comments:

LL said...

THAT looks like such a BLAST!
You're right, Ginny and Wally are so good about adventures and good times...they always bring laughter. I'm sure it was a fun week with them in town.
SO FUN!!

Olivia W. said...

that is so awesome!!!! what great memories!

Colby and Steph said...

How fun!!! The best picture was with all 4 of you with mud all over you. I love BJ's face....

valerie said...

I have been waiting to see these pics!
It looks like so much fun.
Priceless memories I'm sure.
Way to go Karina! You said last year you were going to do it and you did!!!

Jenni said...

That looked like so much fun! I have got to do that next year with my hubby!!!