Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day in our family always begins with the cards. Each of the kids made special cards about why they love their daddy including me (except he's not my daddy).
Then it's breakfast in bed. The VanOrman side of the family brought to the table---pancakes with peanut butter and syrup. It has stuck and we all love our pancakes that way. BJ would probably have preferred some sausage and bacon but the healthier part of me thought fruit a better choice.
This year I worked especially hard to make BJ a digital scrapbook about why he's so special to us. He loved it and even shed tears. The kids even wrote him a note on the last page of the book--it was really neat. He took it to work the next day to put on his desk.
All BJ wanted this year was new tools for the barbecue. This man is easy to please. I guess he was tired of burning all of his arm hair off while being the chef at the grill. I can't blame him.
Happy Father's Day BJ. We all love you!!!!


1 comment:

LL said...

BJ is such a great dad!
I'd love to see the book you made for him, what a neat idea~