Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Shatto Dairy Farm

The Crabtree's joined me and my sister at the Shatto Dairy Farm for a little tour and lunch. Corie was very spontaneous and jumped in the car to meet us there (1 1/2 hrs. away). We weren't sure that we would make the tour but it all worked out just fine. The kids got to try all kinds of flavors of milk (Choc., Strawberry, banana, orange, root beer) which were all delicious---and then they got to see the cows. It was very stinky in there!!!!
They got to see how the cows are milked.






And then they got to milk a cow by hand. I thought it would be easy but it took a little finesse.


At the end we got to sample their ice cream. I'd eat anything prepared by this company. It was sooooo good!



What a fun day with family and friends!

1 comment:

Olivia W. said...

Fun! I wish we could've gone!!!!! We'll make it out there one of these days...I really want to try the root beer flavor!