Tuesday, August 19, 2008

OK, so I've had sooo many people ask me for my cornbread recipe. So, here it is! Happy cornbread making!
3/4 c. cornmeal (fresh ground is wonderful)
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. Rumford baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. oil
Combine all ingredients into mixer. Beat until dry ingredients are blended in but don't over beat. Pour into greased 9 X13 pan and bake for 30 min. at 350 degrees. (I use a 8 X 8 pan because I like a thick piece, so it takes longer to bake--more like 40-45 min.) You just have to stick a knife in it and have it come out clean. Do not over bake or it will be dry. Happy Baking! Let me know how it turns out.

8 comments:

sara said...

sounds delicious...you are such a yummy baker...i didn't know you had a blog..so glad you do...your family is grown and so beautiful...can't wait to read more....

Jenni said...

can't wait to try this one out!

now you need to post your banana bread recipe...your crescent roll recipe...your choco cake recipe....(what else have I had at your house?)

I'm envisioning a recipe of the week...whadda ya think?!

Karina said...

How about every monday I will have Monday's Menu and post a great recipe. Sounds like a plan.

Kendra said...

I can't wait to try this one. I bake your wheat bread about once every 10 days. My family LOVES it and I always have a loaf to give away. I am constantly getting requests for the recipe.
Please post more recipes. I will just gobble them up!

Jenni said...

I love the "Monday Menu" idea! I made the corn bread tonight and holy cow! Best we've ever had! Thanks for sharing!!

Karina said...

I'm so glad that you liked it. I've never met a soul that didn't. I made it the night I posted it and I just ate the last of the leftovers for lunch today! Yum!

It Won't Be Like This For Long said...

Karina...
You must tell your friends in K.C. how envious I am that they are so close to you(miles,state) because I sure do miss you.I love,love the Blog and you def. need more of your yummy and homey recipes like the cranberry muffins(my 1st memory of your cooking!)Karina as you can see by all your blogger friends you truly are a inspiration to us as a wonderful friend,spiritually,homemaker and lets not forget home decorator!! 3 Big cheers to you Karina. Have a Fabulous week!!!
Monica (in Atlanta,wishing I was there!!)

Semiprecious1 said...

YES!!! I am so happy to finally get this. Thank you for posting it!