Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Favorites!!!

So little Miss Amelia Rose gets my "Friday Favorite" this week. As you can see here, she was big--REALLY BIG, weighing in at 10lb. 1 oz, 2 weeks early. She wasn't destined to stay this big as you can see in the rest of the pictures. I often call her my "little peanut". However, she just wanted us all to know that even though she was the 3rd child, her personality was going to be REALLY BIG so that she wouldn't go unnoticed. She NEVER goes unnoticed!!!!
As she got older I was very aware that she was going to give me a run for my money. You can see the "sparkle" in her eyes in this picture that constantly reminded me that it wasn't a good idea to leave her alone for more than 30 sec. or I would pay for it. I payed for it here!!! Good times!This picture captures the very essence of "Little Milly". I could hear screaming and crying outside from Brinly and went out to see what was going on. Brinly had decided it would be fun to see if she could fit all the way under this bucket. Sure enough as soon as she did Amelia went over and layed on it and wouldn't get up. When I went outside she was laying on the bucket with a huge smile on her face as Brinly was crying inside of it. I just had to laugh, and then take some pictures.Amelia loves to play dress up and she still likes to change her clothes at least 3 times a day. I thought this outfit was priceless!This is my "Little Milly" today. I asked her to go and get her shoes and socks on so that we could go to the gym and she came outside wearing this. She was totally proud of her choice in outfit and loved the sock and "barbie shoe" combination. I've embraced this side of my little Amelia Rose.
So, you may ask why she is my "Friday Favorite" when she is absolutley my most challenging child. Glad you asked and I will be happy to tell you the answer. Little Milly brings so much laughter and joy to our home. Along with all the frustration comes so much fun. There is never a dull moment in our home and she reminds me all the time to live life to its fullest. She's spunky and quite crazy at times and a piece of me in my "spunkier" days (you'll have to talk to my mom about that one). I look at her with her adorable little button nose with the cutest sun kisses all over them and her "white" blond hair and I'm grateful to have a little girl who isn't afraid to be herself---something I never wish to squelch . She really is difficult at times but either they are less frequent or I am learning how to deal with them so much better. She is a joy to me (as are all my children) but today she is my "Friday Favorite". So, here's to knee high socks with barbie shoes!!! 3 cheers for Millie!

1) Little girls that make you stronger mothers

2)kids that make you laugh so hard that you pee a little (or a lot--let's be honest)

3)Choosing to not let the little things bother you





6 comments:

Olivia W. said...

karina, i love your friday favorites! i can soooo relate, because i have my very own amelia--MIA! i will keep telling myself that my strong willed daughter will make me a stronger mom, thanks for that!

Jenni said...

I also loved the "little girls that make stronger mothers" part. I have one of those little girls (also a third child:) I need to remember that when I think things are getting tough.

LL said...

LOVE the bucket story and picture, that made me laugh.
I'm a little nervous about getting Jane and Amelia together...there might be blood!

Anonymous said...

so fun to have happened upon you thru nikki - glad to see you are all doing so well - can't get over how big your kids are now!

caitlin and all that crew of girls graduated this year - weird to hear of them starting college, and byu, and life in general. caitlin is actually in australia right now...just for a visit...she is having a wonderful time meeting family and trying to get a better understanding of her mother! :)

good to see you, sharon.

Nikki said...

Ohhh My little Amelia! I absolutely loved holding and playing with her in her babyhood! Presidency meetings were the best with her! I loved the purple marker...did that happen to be the same day Porter was over and colored with marker on your couch? UGH!!! Millie has grown up so much! She is just beautiful! I love that blonde-white hair. I thought she'd stay auburn....she's adorable! Loved reading all about her.

Karalea-Karalea said...

I remember the day she was born, and how beautifully you birthed that little sumo baby! She is gorgeous.