Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Favorites!!!!

One of my all time "Friday Favorites" actually comes on "Friday". Every Friday evening our family has "Movie Night, Pizza Night". This tradition became a solid part of our lives at least 2 years ago and is treasured in our family. Here's the deal--those members of the family who have generally been good that week get to participate in the evening. Of course they get to eat with us but if they have been warned during the week due to behavior and the behavior hasn't stopped then they won't get to watch the movie with us and instead must go to their room and read books. This may sound harsh but I'll have you know--know one has ever missed this event! The kids will do anything to be apart of this night. Usually BJ picks up $5 pizza's from Little Caesars and I go and get a movie from the Redbox as well as a few treats. Sometimes I will get 6 different candy's and put them in a brown paper bag and the kids have to reach in without looking and pull out their treat for the movie. Other times I just get a few treats to share. Cardon likes to make popcorn for the group. Every once in a while we make homemade pizza. Each person gets to make their own individual pizza and I must say that it's always tastier than any store bought version. Our kids love this night so much that once when BJ was out of town I decided to take the kids out to dinner on Friday night instead and they started to cry when I wasn't taking them to a place with pizza. Crazy kids!!! WE LOVE OUR "PIZZA NIGHT, MOVIE NIGHT! P.S. Our favorite babysitter, Courtney stayed with us for a weekend while her parents were out of town. So, she joined us for our traditional Friday Favorite.








4 comments:

Nikki said...

So fun! I love your basement "Movie Room"...that looks so fun! Did you paint the mural on the wall? Sounds like a great tradition!

Erin said...

What a fun tradition. Love the pictures of your kitchen. I would like to see more of your hosue so that I can copy your decorating ideas. You have always had the cutest house.

Jenn said...

So fun to meet you today! I hope you guys have a great Friday Night pizza night :) Your kids are just adorable!

Hopefully we can meet again soon!

Jenn

Canna's Blog said...

Hi Karina, new to the whole blogging thing, I saw that you are interested in volleyball. Total volleyball fan myself. Please check out my blog. Like I said very very new to this.