Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yea! It's official---School has begun!!!!!Brinly is going into 1st grade and loves her teacher already.
Cardon is going into 3rd grade and "likes" his teacher already.
Amelia got to go to her 1st day of tap/ballet class. She had been waiting for this day to arrive for at least a year. She was soooo excited--big girl!
Any tears shed by me? NOPE--not even one! As everyone around me was carrying kleenex because at any given moment sobbing could occur, I was doing the "Back to School" dance looking like a fool. Don't get me wrong--we had a wonderful summer full of playing at the pool, popcycles, friends, Friday Fieldtrips, swim lessons, late nights, back yard camping, movie watching, video game playing, pizza eating, not house cleaning (who cares, it was summer), and to top it off---Grand Caymening with Grandpa and Grandma. But------everything has its season and now was the time to be back on a schedule, get organized, and learn, learn, learn ! I also must say that it has been a pure joy to spend some quality time with my little ones. I feel like I did when I just had Cardon and Brinly and we watched Sesame Street and Dragon Tales and played with the little farm animals and toddler toys. When I have everyone home we watch Zack and Cody and Hanna Montana and my little ones are spending time watching Cardon and Brinly play the Wee. So, I feel like the little ones are getting my undivided attention and then when Cardon and Brinly get home they get undivided attention. It's a Win/Win! I love it! So, 3 cheers for school. Yippeeee!!!!


5 comments:

Shellie said...

I love reading your blog Karina! It has so much personality! Take care, thanks for sharing, Shellie

Nikki said...

Yeah for blogging! Now I can catch up and stay up to date with my friend in KS!!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous summer! I'm with you on the back to school jig...I am sooo ready! Kaden will start back on Monday and then Porter won't start preschool until after Labor Day! UGH!!! Oh well, it's still great to have time alone with him. So glad to hear from you! Love you and miss you guys!

Lori said...

I totally agree. Nice to see the big ones off learning again, and spend more time with the little ones!!!

LL said...

NOT ME. I'm dragging my heels, I want them to stay home...we're having too much fun! Lcuky for me, they don't go back for another 10 days...and we'll take advantage of each day!
FUN to have Millie in DANCE. I would NOT have recognized her, I've never seen her hair pulled back. Cute little dancing girl!
Glad the kids like/love their teachers already, that's a good sign.

Jenni said...

I'm right there with you--I always sing to my kids "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." and they don't like that very much.

Second most wonderful time of this year: starting babysitting co-op!