Saturday, October 24, 2009

Grandma Honey and Papa Shoes Came to Visit

My mom and dad came to visit the week of Halloween. I love to make something special when visitors come if I can and I'd just gotten this adorable knit felted witches hat pattern. So, after I finished the hat I realized I couldn't just have something for my mom and not my dad so I knit him a University of Utah ear flap cap. It was so fun to have them on the guest bed when they got here. They fit perfectly!
My mom helped me get a plan going for my "secret garden" while she was here. We spent all afternoon cleaning up the yard to get ready for winter and then she bought plants to go in my garden for my Christmas Present. It was such a treat to have her expertise! I put her to work while she was here.
This is how it looked when it was all planted. She even got a fun water feature for me! I already can't wait for spring to see all the bulbs come up!
It wasn't all work---we did go out to eat quite a bit as well as enjoyed a few movies, a run along the trails, and even a pedicure. I love when company comes--especially family!
Grandma found Jace this adorable dinosaur costume for next to nothing and couldn't resist. He wore it all day while we shopped. It kept him nice and warm.


Jace loves his "funny" Grandpa. All the kids do. Grandpa always takes the kids to a movie when he comes into town. They love it!


I had an agenda while my mom was here. I wanted her to teach me all sorts of things. My mom is an excellent quilter---something I've never taken up. I decided it was time to learn. She took me to the fabric store and helped me to know what kinds of fabrics work well together and then we came home to get started. We worked and worked every waking minute until the minute she left. I'm afraid she needed a vacation from her vacation by the time she went home. But it was so fun learning from her. My mom is very talented--just love her if you can't tell! I'll show the finished product when it's finished (it's a Christmas quilt).


What a whirl wind--can't wait till next year when they come again!


1 comment:

Olivia W. said...

Your parents are adorable, looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait to see the quilt, I've always wanted to be a quilter too!