Thursday, October 1, 2009

What I've been up to!

Last year BJ and I did a marathon relay with 3 other couples. We enjoyed it so much we decided that this year we'd do a half marathon together. I've never run further than around 6 miles so 13.1 was going to be a challenge. We've been following a training plan that does speed drills as well as distance training. It has been a real challenge---but I'm doing it. These pictures were taken just after a 10 mile run together (our first 10 miler). I couldn't believe that I did it. I spent 3 hours sleeping later that day but since have run 10 miles and went about the rest of my day. It's amazing what our bodies are capable of!!!! This weekend I have to do 12 miles--the most I will do before the race in a couple of weeks. I'll be so glad when it's all over with!






3 comments:

Olivia W. said...

Phew! You look wiped! Good job on the running, what a great goal to set and accomplish together. Blog looks great, love the family photo!!!

LL said...

GREAT PHOTO up top!!!
Good for you guys running together.
Good luck with the race~

Lori said...

Good for you! That is so awesome. I just ran the St. George Marathon last weekend (first one ever) and LOVED it. I always swore I would never do a marathon, and it just happened! (Running is a little addicting!) Good luck with your race. I'm sure you will do AWESOME!!!!!!