Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Getaway Vacation!!!!

BJ and I had the opportunity to go to Arizona for 5 days a few weeks ago. BJ had a work conference he needed to attend and most of the people going were bringing their spouses. So, I got to go. I had so much fun spending time with BJ as well as going to my old church and seeing great friends. We had dinner with one of my best friends Fran on Sunday evening. I love her and her family--such great examples of followers of Christ. The activities and food at the conference were amazing. We got to rope calves, eat around a campfire, have western pictures taken of us and play our hand at "21" (with fake money of course).
It was fun to see BJ in a work setting, doing the stuff I never get to see. He had to help introduce something that their company had created to a huge audience and it was awesome watching him do his thing. I stood in the back and watched with pride. He loves his job and he loves who he works with. I'm so happy that he enjoys what he does. These guys in the picture are who he spends his days with. It was fun getting to know them and their spouses better. Unfortunately, they took 2nd place in this contest. They were good sports even though they weren't happy about it!

I got to meet a group of friends for lunch one of the afternoons. I love my Arizona friends--they are family to me. It was so good to catch up with all of them. After lunch me and Kim (sitting next to me in the left of the picture and one of my dearest friends) spent some time in one of our favorite places--Ross. We always find great purchases there. It was so much fun.



I'm so grateful to the crew of people that took care of my kids while we were gone. It was so great being able to re-connect with BJ in this busy time in our lives. I highly suggest it to everyone!


2 comments:

valerie said...

Love all your new posts!
Looks like you had lots of fun in AZ.
Can't wait to hear how the race goes in a couple of weeks!!!!
I know you can do it.
You always do whatever you set your mind to.

Lori said...

I was so sad to miss the lunch. (I was out of town) Glad you had so much fun here, and hopefully I'll get to see you next time you're in town!