Saturday, September 6, 2008

Amelia goes to Pre-School!!!!

Amelia got to go to her first day of Pre-School this week. She was sooooo excited and couldn't wait to get there. There are churches of every kind here and each time we would come to a new church she would ask if this was the one. Her teacher is adorable (Miss Jan)--you can tell she loves children as she has just recently met Amelia here in this picture. So on the way to school her and I have a little talk about how we treat people (sharing, talking nice, not pushing or kicking or spitting--you know--the usual (for Amelia). I'm feeling good about our little talk--You know. I wave goodbye and tell her to have fun and I'll see her in a couple of hours.
She's so excited about her classroom and can't wait to dive in and play with everything. I come to pick her up and Little Miss Amelia has red swollen eyes. Miss Jan then explains that all morning was great until the very end when a little scuffle breaks loose........ AND.......
AMELIA GETS BIT!!!!!! THAT'S RIGHT, YOU READ THIS CORRECTLY. AMELIA FELT STRONGLY THAT THE BOYS IN HER CLASS (SPECIFICALLY COLLIN) SHOULD NOT ENTER THE ARIEL TENT. COLLIN DID NOT FEEL THE SAME AND BEFORE AMELIA KNEW IT, 2 BIG FRONT TEETH DUG INTO HER CHEST. MISS JAN WAS VISIBLY NERVOUS TO GET MY REACTION. SHE DOESN'T REALIZE YET WHAT AMELIA CAN DO TO PEOPLE--TURN A SWEET LITTLE COLLIN INTO A RAGING VAMPIRE BITER! I ASSURED HER THAT I WAS NOT UPSET AND WOULD TALK TO AMELIA ABOUT SHARING ONCE AGAIN--I CUDDLED HER AT HOME FOR 20 MINUTES AS SHE CRIED ABOUT THE INCIDENT AND THEN WALKED AROUND THE HOUSE FOR ANOTHER HOUR WITH HER ARMS LIKE A ZOMBIE BECAUSE HER "BITE" HURT. NEEDLESS TO SAY--I DON'T THINK WE NEED TO HAVE THE "SHARING AND CARING" TALK AGAIN. I THINK COLLIN "NIPPED" IT IN THE BUD!

6 comments:

Semiprecious1 said...

Holy Crap that's some serious bite markage! You should totally get her a tetnus shot...or something.

LL said...

YIKES!!!

Colby and Steph said...

OH..WOW...He did some serious damage. I hope she is ok.

Jenni said...

Ouch!! Hope it doesn't make her not want to go back! That's quite the battle wound, poor girl!

Shellie said...

Karina... I feel so bad that happened, but at the same time you had me rolling the way you told the story! Thanks for sharing! When are you coming to Utah again? We need to see you guys!

Karina said...

Shellie, we probably won't be coming out until next summer. We haven't been back for a long time--1 1/2 years. Crazy!! Hey, I can't get onto your blog--you have to invite me.