Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Favorites!!!!

Brinly Bee
Brinly is my Friday Favorite for today. It was so fun for me to have her. I actually had a normal delivery and was able to take her home on time, unlike Cardon. She was a great baby and so much fun. She had chronic ear infections and after being on antibiotics all the time the doctor put tubes in her ears at around 14 months. Soon after that we found out that she had been having urinary tract infections caused by short ureters and 3 kidneys. Who knew? The ultrasound tech hadn't seen it when she was in utero but sure enough this little Brinly Bee had 3 kidneys. So, at 18 months old she had to have surgery to fix the ureter problem. She never had a problem with that again. Interestingly enough this past year we found out that Brinly doesn't have cranial nerve #6 which controls movement of her left eye. It is related to Kidney malformations. Crazy!!! So, she wears cute little pink glasses and that helps her eye. Brinly is the little "mother" of the family. Once when she was 4 I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said "a mom so I can wear pretty skirts like you". It brings me joy when I hear her talk to her siblings (usually) because she gets the mom voice and will say in a sweet tone "oh, no, no Jace, let me help you do it." She loves taking care of people and will usually say "sure" when I ask her to help me with something. I love that. Brinly loves gymnastics and swimming and is very good at both. She also takes ballet/tap and enjoys that as well. She is in 1st grade this year and is working hard in school but still says that recess is her favorite. Brinly loves to be with her friends and asks me almost every day if she can invite someone over. She loves High School Musical and Hanna Montana and sings and dances around the house intermingled with gymnastics moves. She loves her brothers and sister and is full of fun, giggles and smiles. You can't help but love this little Brinly Bee.
Brinly loved Ariel for probably 3 years. Before she was even 3 she could sing the entire song so when we took the kids to Disney Land for the first time she had to wait in line so that she could sing the song to Ariel. It was soooo cute!Brinly loves babies. This is the first time that she held Amelia.She used to ask me all the time if she could feed Amelia but I nursed her and so every once in a while I would pump a bottle just so that she could feed her. She loved being able to do that.It wasn't too long before she could feed Amelia baby food. She was good at it.Brinly and I jumped on our tramp in Arizona until our hair stood on end.Of course Brinly always wanted to hold Jace--and still does.This was Brinly's tap dance recital. She did a great job. Grand Caymen this past summer.



3 Cheers for Brinly!!!!




















2 comments:

Erin said...

She is such a cute girl. I wish that we could see her grow up in person rather than through the blog. I guess I'll take what I can get!

LL said...

she was SUCH a beautiful baby. And look at her all grown up...i'm sad because I feel lik I had I hardly know her.
Love you Briny!